Live Streaming from a GoPro
Live Streaming Using an RTMP URL
You can live stream to certain social platforms using an RTMP URL.
- Visit your Unleash live account
- Create a device (if you haven’t already)
- Copy the RTMP stream URL from your device
Example link: rtmps://stream.unleashlive.com/rtmp/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Heads Up: Live streaming currently supports RTMP and RTMPS URLs only. RTSP, HLS and other URLs are only supported by other IP cameras)
- Now open the GoPro app and tap on the camera icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the blue button in the center of the screen: Control Your GoPro.
- (5) Scroll through the icons on the bottom of the screen, and tap on Live.
- (6) Now tap on Set Up Live.
- (7) A new screen appears with a list of streaming platforms. Tap RTMP
- Another screen appears to set up live stream. At the top, choose to connect a Wi-Fi network or your mobile hotspot.
- (9) Enter or paste your URL in the required field.
- Choose the resolution you want: 480p, 720p or 1080p (1080p only available with HERO8 Black and MAX).
PRO TIP: GoPro to Unleash live achieves best stream stability with 720p or 480p and maybe best if you’re using a mobile hotspot. Try lower resolutions if bandwidth or data are weak.
Heads Up: If the signal strength of your data connection weakens, the camera will automatically lower the bit rate of the video stream for the selected resolution.
- (11) Choose your save settings (you can save a high-res version of your stream to your SD card)
- (12) Tap "Set Up Live Stream."
- Tap Go LIVE or press the Shutter button to start streaming.
PRO TIP: Experiment with different mounts and angles, then frame your shot. Make sure your camera is upright before streaming. If you turn your camera upside down, your live stream footage will appear upside down.
Tell your friends to watch and share!