How do I upload 360 degree videos - GoPro 360 and others?
To watch 360° videos, you need Unleash live running on the latest version of Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or MS Edge on your computer. On mobile devices, use the latest version of the Unleash live app
Unleash live supports uploading and playback of 360° spherical videos on computers in Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge, and Opera browsers. To upload a 360° video file, you'll need to modify the file with an app or script before uploading.
Create your video
For the best results, encode your video at a high resolution. Unleash live currently supports 360° videos with 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, or 60 frames per second. We recommend uploading 360 videos (equirectangular format with a 2:1 aspect ratio) at a resolution of 7168x3584 or up to 8192x4096.
You can also create 360° videos using custom camera rigs and third party stitching software.
Once the video is shot, you need to make sure to have an equirectangular format shown in the metadata.
Prepare your upload
Your video file needs to include certain metadata for 360° playback to be enabled. Follow these instructions to install an app that will add the necessary metadata into a new file for you.
Create a 360-enabled file with an app
- Download the latest 360 Video Metadata app.
- Unzip the file, then open the 360 Video Metadata app. If you're on a Mac, you may need to right-click the app and then click Open.
- Select the video file.
- Select the checkbox for Spherical and click Save as. Do not select the "3D Top-bottom" checkbox. For more information, refer to upload instructions for virtual reality videos.
- Enter a name for the file that will be created.
- Save the file. A new file will be created automatically in the same location as the original file.
- Upload the new file to your Unleash live library.
- Wait for the 360° effect to process, which may take a moment.
You can also add the metadata using a Python script.
View and share your video file in 360 degrees on your Unleash live player or in a VR goggle.